Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good week so far

I’ve been getting in some good miles this week.

Monday, Ben and I went on a stroller run to Sar Ko Par Park.  He really likes the stroller runs.  Babble, babble, babble the whole time.  It’s awesome.  We got in 4.1 miles in 36:25 (8:53 pace – walked the first .75 miles)

sarkopar

Stroller walk/jog/run with Ben to the park to go on the swings. Walked first 3/4 mile, gradually picked up the pace.

Bath time and bedtime have turned into my job around here and I love it.  It’s our special time and we have a blast.  And Chels likes getting the time off!

After I put Ben down for the night, I headed out for a four miler by myself.  I did the Pflumm, 103rd, Quivira, 95th loop, which I will never do again because there isn’t any sidewalks on Quivira between 99th and 95th.  I’m not about to run though parking lots, so I ran upstream on the road and only got honked at once :)  Finished up with 4.26 miles in 28:20 for a 6:38 pace.

loop

Felt strong the whole way. I've been getting these moments of self doubt about 2/3rd the way into my runs the last couple of weeks. It's been an awful mental roadblock, but I'm happy to report that didn't happen today. I didn't really do anything differently. Here's to hoping the demons stay away. Oh, and negative splits :) Splits were: 7:00 6:45 6:42 6:22 1:30 (.26 miles at 5:41 pace)

Yesterday, I woke up late and didn’t get a morning run in, but I did get another night run in.  Wove my way around several parks with bike paths.  5.15 miles in 34.35, a 6:43 pace.

trail

Had to hurdle an off-leash maltese that was trying to make a late night snack out of my mizunos :) Found myself holding back a little bit, conserving for the unknown. Anything under 5 miles, I know I can just go out and not give too much thought to pacing myself. Above that, I worry if I go too fast, then I'm going to run out of energy and not finish at goal pace. I need to push myself outside of my comfort zone. Mix up my distances, paces, etc. Negative splits all under 7:00...double bonus!! :) Splits were: 6:56 6:52 6:46 6:44 6:29 0:45 (.15 miles at 5:15 pace)

This morning I woke up on my own at 5:30 and decided to try to get 6 miles in before the storm hit.  I just made it by 10 minutes.  I also think I left my alarm on set for 6:00, sorry bout that hun :)  I did an out and back on 95th street which has a really nice bike path past Renner.  Final tally was 6.32 miles in 43:58 – a 6:57 pace.

95th

Start the morning off right with a nice 10K. Just beat the storm by about 10 minutes. When I talked last night about getting outside of my comfort zone, this is it. I missed negative splits by 12 seconds on my 4th mile! There was a nasty hill, but still 12 seconds is way off, especially when the goal is a progressive. My other goal was sub 7, and I got there, so not all is lost :) Splits were: 7:14 7:05 7:00 7:11 6:51 6:39 1:55 (.32 miles at 6:01 pace)

Monday I was running too late to ride my bike into the office, but I did Tuesday and took a longer route to make up some miles.  Not sure what I’m going to do this morning yet, it’s pretty wet out there and I’m not such a fan of programming in soggy shorts.

I’m thinking I can get 100 miles running this month.  I haven’t had a 100 mile month since July 2008 which was the first full month I started running.  I’m up to 65 miles this month, so barring injury or a spousal ban, I think I’m in good shape!

I could also get close to 250 total miles this month, I’m sitting at 127, but it’s within reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment