Sunday, March 29, 2009

3 weeks before race crappy run – Training Log

Training for: Lawrence 1/2 marathon.

Planned: easy, scenic 10 miles

Actual: 12.85 nasty, painful miles in a seemed-like-forever 01:35:09 – 7:24 min/mile pace.

So my goal for this race is to break 1:30:00.  Which works out to needing to average a 6:52 min/mile pace.  I may have to rethink that goal.

When I left it was 39 degrees, so I bundled up with a sweatshirt, gloves and ear muffs.  By mile 2.5, I was so hot that I ended up taking off my sweatshirt and hiding it behind a bush.  Speaking of which, I need to go retrieve that.

I just never really got into the run.  My right hamstring is a bit tight, and I’m afraid to push it and tear something.  My lower shins have also been barking at me a bit.  I kept waiting for those things to subside like they usually do, but they never did, and I just sludged through the rest of the run.

Not sure exactly where I measured wrong, but I ended up running a lot further that I had planned.

Route:
12miler

Splits:

No comments:

Post a Comment