Thursday, April 2, 2009

Good training week so far

I haven’t had time to update my training log the last couple of days.  I really wanted to follow the format I was doing, which I blatantly ripped off my running idol, Steve Speirs, aka @britishbulldog, but alas, I’m just not gonna have time for that.  I really like throwing up the maps and the stats and whatnot, it’s just not going to be as structured as it was.  Which is fine.

So anyways, I’ve had a good week so far.  24 miles of running, 8.5 miles of biking and a mile of walking.

My pace has really been dragging the last week or so.  Not sure what the reason behind it is.  I’m running the Lawrence Half Marathon in a couple of weeks.  I originally was hoping to break 1:30 (6:52 pace), but I’ve been struggling to keep a sustained pace under 7:00 minutes a mile.  Dunno what is up.  I might have to change my target time.

Here are some pics of where I’ve ran/biked the last couple of days:

Biked to Clinton Lake:
To Clinton Lake 3-31-2009

Ran at Clinton Lake:
 5 miles at Clinton Lake 3-31-2009

Biked home:
From Clinton Lake to home 3-31-2009

45 minute tempo run.  Which I didn’t even come close to executing properly.  I don’t know how to throttle my pace.  I only know how to run normally, and run fast.
45 Min tempo 4-1-2009

1 comment: