Saturday, July 25, 2009

Two PRs in two weeks!

Two weeks ago, I set a person record in a one mile run of 5:46.  My previous best was 5:59. 

miler

I woke up this morning with the only thought of absolutely destroying a mile run. I mapped out a good route and away I went. I started out really strong, hit an "oh crap what did I get myself into" moment around .46, really hit a groove around .67 and floored it at .82. Ended up beating my previous (post-HS) pr of 5:59.

 

Then last night, I ran my fastest 5K since March.  I laid down a 19:16, shaving 4 seconds of my previous record set during the Shamrock Shuffle in Lawrence.

5k

Oh cool, a PR!! Was just planning on a sub 20:00, but felt strong after a faster-than-expected first mile, so I gave it a go and wound up 4 seconds faster than my previous best 5K. I maybe could have shaved a couple more seconds off, but I ran out of gas at the end. I also mis-measured my course and had to run an extra out and back down the block to get the full 5K, which kinda messed with my rhythm. Splits were: 6:17 6:23 5:59 0:36 (.1 miles at 5:55 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment